<< Upstream | Site List | Map | Downstream >>

Shepard Road

Site submitted by: Steve Lee

Location

River Mile 845.00-839.30 — Left Descending Bank

Significance

History
Infrastructure

Description

This riverside drive is named for George M. Shepard, chief engineer of St.Paul Department of Public Works from the 1920's to 1950's. (Empson, Donald. p. 136)

 

Content © 2005 Friends of the Mississippi River and each item's authors.
The Mississippi River Field Guide is provided by Friends of the Mississippi River.
www.fmr.org